Monday, December 29, 2014

Happy New Year With a Zentangle® Ahh and an Inchie

Another Divaless week, so all you get is a couple of things to see. I'd like to wish you all a happy and healthy New Year with lots of time for art play. I have joined way too many challenges starting in January so we'll see how well I can keep up. Several of the challenges are for art journaling, so do remember that you can click on the tabs above to see what I am up to with my different interests.

This week, on Square One, the tangle of the week was Ahh. I added double lines for the radiating arms and then let it grow into Laced.


For Every Inchie Monday, the prompt was "Magical". I have no idea why I like those silly quizzes that are available on the Internet, but for some reason I do. So, I decided to take the quiz that lets me know which kind of "magical creature" I am. And, it turns out that I am a fairy.
I used a free digi stamp from Dearie Dolls and reduced it so it would fit on a one inch square and colored with colored pencils.

19 comments:

  1. Love your fairy, and the laced zen. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy. It's been a great year and I am really looking forward to more learning in 2015!

      Delete
  2. Your work always inspires me. Great job with the tile and the inchie. Have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so kind, Cathy. Thank you. Happy New Year too!

      Delete
  3. :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work. I am with you about those quizzes, I like them as well. Have a blessed new year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those quizzes are absolutely silly, so I don't know what their appeal is. Except, it does make you think about yourself, which I don't do very often, so maybe a good thing. Thanks and best wishes for your New Year too!

      Delete
  5. Love the tangle & your little fairy is quite delightful! Health & happiness for 2015

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally. That little fairy cracks me up. Best to you too for the upcoming year :)

      Delete
  6. Radiant and caring with a knack for mischief, now that's a profile! Lovely fairy inchie. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I kind of liked that part; the rest though, I'm not so sure LOL! Thanks, Kia, and to you as well :)

      Delete
  7. Jean really interesting, darling job with your tiny fairy and love the sentiment about great things come in tiny packages.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pat. It is always a treat to see you over here on my Zentangle blog. Maybe we should do a card that the twist is to add some kind of doodles. (Ouch, my tanglers know how much I dislike the word doodle, but not everyone knows Zentangle LOL!)

      Delete
  8. Great inchie. Like your square one tile also. I took the quiz and apparently I am a leprechaun (hmmm). Have a blessed new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JL. A leprechaun, wow. What fun that would be. I hope your New Year is positive and happy!

      Delete
  9. Happy New Year! Great inchie and zentangle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful your inchie, annd a nice zentangle.
    Happy New Year!
    Marle

    ReplyDelete